Planning Application

When do I need to get a Planning Permit?
You usually need to get a Planning Permit (also commonly called Planning Approval or a Development Permit) from your local council whenever you want to:

• Develop land
• Use land or buildings for a different purpose
• Extend the existing use or buildings.

Councils planning scheme details the types of use and development that require planning approval and what are exempt.

Councils Planning Scheme may be downloaded from there web sites.

You should always contact the council to find out whether you need planning approval for any use or development you might be considering. Council will also give you advice on the information you will need to provide.

For further information contact your local councils.